Hopefully, this doesn't happen, but occasionally it can. Here are some possible reasons:
- You don't have enough funds (need to fund your account?)
- You've entered the wrong PIN (give it another try!)
- You've reached your card limit (see daily maximums)
- You've entered info that doesn't match the info associated with your Wise card (ex: mismatched billing address when making an online purchase)
- Your card is temporarily blocked due to suspicious activity (ex: $5000 charge at a pet store appears overnight)
- Your card happens to be expired (unlikely, but check the date)
If none of those reasons seem like a sound explanation as to why your card is being declined, give us a hoot at email@example.com or in-app via the chat feature.