There are a few scenarios in which you may want to freeze a card:
- Your card is lost.
- Your card may have been stolen.
- You think your card security may have been compromised.
- You don't plan on using it for a while.
When any of the above happens, the first thing you should do is freeze your card:
- Log in to the banking section of the site.
- Navigate to the Cards tab.
- Select the card you want to freeze.
- Hit the Freeze Card button.
The freeze will happen immediately and will be indicated on the same screen.
If you're just freezing your card because you don't plan on using it for a while, then there's nothing left for you to do. Unfreeze it whenever you're ready to start spending again.
But if you froze it because it was lost, stolen, or compromised then notify us immediately so we can take a look at your account and issue a replacement card. To be clear, there's no fee for replacing a card.