Here are some possible reasons that a card could be declined:
- You don't have enough funds (need to fund your account?)
- You've entered info that doesn't match the info associated with your card (ex: mismatched billing address when making an online purchase).
- Your card is temporarily blocked due to suspicious activity (ex: $5000 charge at a pet store appears overnight).
- Your card happens to be expired (unlikely, but check the date).
Here are additional reasons that Wise Card or Virtual Card could be declined:
- You have run up against one of the spending controls you set when you created the card.
- You've reached a Wise-imposed spend limit.
Here are additional reasons that an ATM Card could be declined:
- You've entered the wrong PIN when using the ATM card (give it another try!).
- You've reached your ATM card limit (see ATM card daily maximums)
If none of those reasons seem like a sound explanation as to why your card is being declined, then send us a message in the chat.